Prairie : a natural history of the heart of North ... Read More
- 1 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Prince Rupert Library. (Show)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 1771645946
- ISBN: 9781771645942
x, 325 pages : illustrations, color maps ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: Vancouver, British Columbia : Greystone Books, 2020.
- Copyright: ©2020.
"This revised edition of Prairie features a new ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Prairies -- North America
Grasslands -- North America
- Perseus Publishing
Candace Savage&;s acclaimed and beautifully written guide to the ecology of the prairies, now revised and updated.
Praise for the previous edition of Prairie:
&;Impelled with its sense of the miraculous in nature.&;&;Globe and Mail
This revised edition of Prairie features a new preface along with updated research on the effects of climate change on an increasingly vulnerable landscape.
It also offers new information on:
· conservation of threatened species, including the black-tailed prairie dog and farmland birds;
· grassland loss and conservation;
· the health of rivers and the water table;
· the effects of neonicotinoid insecticides on prairie wetlands;
· the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
Illustrated with elegant black-and-white line drawings and maps, this award-winning tome continues to be a highly readable guide to understanding the ecology, geological history, biodiversity, and resilience of the prairies.