Solar electricity basics : powering your home or office with solar energy
- 1 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Prince Rupert Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9780865719255
- ISBN: 086571925X
vii, 215 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Second revised edition.
- Publisher: Gabriola Island, British Columbia : New Society Publishers, 
"Solar Electricity Basics is a highly readable introduction to a promising technology, ideal for ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Photovoltaic power generation -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
Solar energy -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
|Genre/Form:||Handbooks and manuals.
- Perseus Publishing
The indispensable guide to solar electricity systems for homeowners, business owners, builders, and students
Climate change and limits to fossil fuels compel us to find safer, more economical, and more sustainable ways to meet our needs for electricity. And, as more and more electric cars hit the road, we'll need to find a way to provide fuel that is clean, environmentally sustainable, and affordable.
With Solar Electricity Basics, author Dan Chiras offers a concise and up-to-date guide covering all the essentials. It explores:
- How to size, cost, and choose the right system, including off-grid vs. grid-tied vs grid-tied with battery backup
- Where to mount a system for maximum performance
- What type of modules and inverters to buy
- How to install and maintain batteries
- Cost vs benefit for solar electric systems
- How to connect to the grid, and what type of net metering your area offers.
Solar Electricity Basics is an indispensable guide for homeowners, business owners, builders, and students for figuring out solar electricity quickly and easily.
- Perseus Publishing
Solar Electricity Basics is a highly readable introduction to a promising technology, ideal for homeowners, business owners, builders, and students. It covers everything you need to work with solar electricity including sizing a solar electric system, types of systems, how systems operate, and costs and benefits.