The mountain of light / Indu Sundaresan.
- 1 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Prince Rupert Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Prince Rupert Library||Sund (Text)||33294001874403||Adult Fiction - Second Floor||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781451643510 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1451643519 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xxii, 324 pages : map ; 21 cm
- Edition: First Washington Square Press trade paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York : Washington Square Press, 2013.
Includes reading group guide.
It is the Mountain of Light-- the legendary 186-carat Kohinoor diamond and its facets-- that reflects a sweeping story of love, adventure, conquest and betrayal. Its origins are the stuff of myth, but for centuries this spectacular gem changes hands from one ruler to another in India, Persia, and Afghanistan. In 1850, the ancient stone is sent halfway around the world where it will play a pivotal role in the intertwined destinies of a boy-king of India and a young queen of England--- a queen who claims the Mountain of Light and India itself for her own burgeoning empire, the most brilliant jewels in her imperial crown.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||American fiction > Indic-American authors.
Diamonds > Fiction.
Diamonds > History > Fiction.
India > History > British occupation, 1765-1947 > Fiction.