The final forest : big trees, forks, and the Pacific Northwest / William Dietrich.
- 1 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Prince Rupert Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Prince Rupert Library||333.75 Diet (Text)||33294001767847||Adult Non-Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780295990620 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 336 p. : maps ; 23 cm.
- Edition: 2010 ed. / with a new preface and afterword
- Publisher: Seattle : University of Washington Press, c2010, 1992.
Originally published in 1992 by Simon & Schuster.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The cutter -- The biologist -- The opening in the trees -- The owl -- The town -- The guru -- The industry -- The truckers -- The environmentalist -- Nobody to blame -- The forester -- The candidate -- A name for the trees -- Refusing to lose -- The empty mill -- Sanctuary, I -- Sanctuary, II -- The final forest.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Old growth forests > Northwest, Pacific.
Old growth forest conservation > Northwest, Pacific.
Logging > Northwest, Pacific.
Forest ecology > Northwest, Pacific.
William Dietrich , a former science writer for the Seattle Times, is the author of Northwest Passage: The Great Columbia River and Natural Grace: The Charm, Wonder, and Lessons of Pacific Northwest Animals and Plants, as well as popular fiction.Winner of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Award