The jade peony / Wayson Choy.
- 25 of 25 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Prince Rupert Library.
0 current holds with 25 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
- ISBN: 9780312155568 (hc.)
- ISBN: 9781550544688 (trade pbk.)
- ISBN: 1550544683 (trade pbk.)
- ISBN: 0312155565 (hc)
- Physical Description: 238 p. ; 20 cm. 278 p. ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Vancouver : Douglas & McIntyre, 1997, c1995.
"Chinatown, Vancouver, in the late 1930s and ï??40s provides the setting for this poignant first novel, told through the vivid and intense reminiscences of the three younger children of an immigrant family. They each experience a very different childhood, depending on age and sex, as they encounter the complexities of birth and death, love and hate, kinship and otherness. Mingling with the realities of Canada and the horror of war are the magic, ghosts, paper uncles and family secrets of Poh-Poh, or Grandmother, who is the heart and pillar of the family."--Provided by the publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Chinese Canadians > Fiction.
Chinatown (Vancouver, B.C.) > History > Fiction.