Brainteaser physics : challenging physics puzzlers / Göran Grimvall.
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0701/2006025675-d.html - Publisher description
- 2 of 2 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Prince Rupert Library.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
- ISBN: 9780801885112 (acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780801885129 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 0801885116 (acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 0801885124 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: viii, 162 p. : ill ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -155) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. Ten hits. Dinghy in pool -- Ice in water -- Accident in aqueduct -- Floating candle -- Running in ... Read More
Does a glass of ice water filled to the brim overflow when the ice melts? Does the energy inside a ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Physics > Miscellanea.
Summary: Does a glass of ice water filled to the brim overflow when the ice melts? Does the energy inside a sauna increase when you heat it up? What's the best way to cool your coffee - should you add the creamer first or last? These and other challenging puzzlers provide a fresh - and fun - approach to learning real physics. Presenting both classic and new physics problems, Brainteaser Physics challenges readers to use imagination and basic physics principles to find the answers. Göran Grimvall provides detailed and accessible explanations of the solutions, sometimes correcting the standard explanations, sometimes putting a new twist on them. He provides diagrams and equations where appropriate and ends each problem by discussing a specific concept or offering an extra challenge. With Brainteaser Physics, students and veteran physicists alike can sharpen their critical and creative thinking - and have fun at the same time. - Back cover.